Our thanks to nutritionist Susan Sullivan (instagram @susansullivannutrition) for this delicious recipe, perfect for pizza night or as a quick snack. A favorite for any age!
- Whole wheat tandoori flatbread
- Lowcountry Blend Olive Oil
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Holy Smoke black pepper
- Chopped pecans
- Strawberry Champagne vinegar
- Traditional Balsamic Vinegar from Lowcountry Olive Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place tandoori on top and brush with olive oil.
2. Once the oven is ready, bake for 5-10 minutes, until crust is crispy. Remove from the oven and top with goat cheese. Wait a few seconds for the cheese to soften and spread crumbles with the back of a spoon of butter knife. Top with pepper (to taste), pecans, strawberries and a heavy-handed drizzle of Strawberry Champagne Balsamic Vinegar.
3. Return flatbread to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
4. While the flatbread is baking, prepare your balsamic reduction. Boil 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Stir constantly and remove from the heat when it begins to thicken. Remember, it will continue to thicken as it cools.
5. Remove flatbread from oven, top with arugula, balsamic reduction and enjoy!