These sweet smoky wings made with ingredients from Charleston's Lowcountry are sure to be a hit at your next party.
1 dozen chicken drummetts with wings (about 2 lbs)
3 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons Lowcountry Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Holy Smoke Smoked Honey
1/2 cup Lowcountry Olive Oil Bourbon Balsamic Vinegar
Bulls Bay Sea Salt
- Combine bourbon balsamic vinegar, Holy Smoke honey and garlic in large bowl. Whisk until honey has dissolved.
- Pour mixture into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken and seal bag with as little air as possible. Marinate in refrigerator for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place chicken on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Reserve marinade.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, place marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes. This will help thicken the sauce and kill any bacteria that can cause food poisoning.
- Add cornstarch, 1 teaspoon at a time, until sauce reaches desired thickness. Sauce will continue to thicken once removed from the heat.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Brush on sauce. Season with sea salt to taste. Best served hot. Enjoy!