Run out of mayonnaise? Never again with Lowcountry Olive Oil's simple, four ingredient recipe. It will save a trip to the grocery store and it's healthier too! From topping your favorite burger to whipping up a batch of potato salad, this will meet all of your mayonnaise needs!
- 2 fresh (ideally organic) egg yolks at room temperature (let sit out for an hour)
- 2/3 cup olive oil (can be divided 1/3 flavored olive oil, 1/3 varietal or avocado oil)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice at room temperature
- salt to taste
- Blend egg yolks until smooth using an immersion blender (ideally) with attached mixing blender with attached mixing beaker. Yolks can also be blended with a hand mixer and small glass bowl.
- Add olive oil 1 drop at a time until mixture thickens. Once mixture thickens, stream in olive oil steadily but slowly.
- Once all of the oil is added, add lemon juice and salt to taste.
Mixture can be refrigerated for up to 4 days
If mayonnaise does not thicken add another egg yolk.