Lots of flavors...sound intimidating, right? It's not. This 4 ingredient slower-cooker dish (some people still have these) is the perfect last minute recipe for any non-cook to wow a crowd. Before we list the steps, we're just going to say this recipe is about our world-class balsamic vinegar, not the meatballs. Whether you use your Aunt Henrietta's family recipe or you pick up a bag of frozen meatballs from Harris Teeter (Gasp!), we won't judge. So here are the ingredients:
1 jar of Sallie's Greatest Fig Onion & Rosemary Jam
3 tbsp. Lowcountry Olive Oil Blood Orange Balsamic Vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 lbs frozen meatballs (fully cooked)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Orange Peel (optional)
1. Lightly coat slow-cooker with Olive Oil
2. Add 2lbs frozen meatballs
3. In saucepan, combine jam, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and optional red pepper flakes. Cook until jam is melted.
4. Pour sauce over meatballs
5. Cook on high for 2-2.5 hours AND low for 5 hours. Stirring occasionally.
6. Make sure meatballs are thoroughly cooked (no longer frozen). Garnish with Orange Zest (optional) and serve with toothpicks.
7. Post a photo on Instagram or facebook and tag Lowcountry Olive Oil.