18 year Aged traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Our artisan quality balsamic vinegar of Modena Italy is made using a 100 year old family recipe.
- The process begins with the careful selection of Lambrusco and Trebbiano grapes grown in the Modena region.
- These grapes are pressed and the resulting just called "must" is heated in copper cauldrons until the volume is reduced through evaporation by about 40%.
- The liquid is then decanted into wooden barrels (chestnut, oak, juniper, and cherry) and left to age and transform into vinegar.
- As time goes by, part of the liquid evaporates and part of the liquid is absorbed into the wood.
- The liquid is transferred into smaller barrels while the new "must" is added to top-off the bigger barrel. And so continues the process.
This smooth, rich vinegar is wonderful on aged cheeses, cured meats, salmon, fresh fruits & desserts. 375ml If you would like to include a message for a recipient, please type it in the comments section at checkout. Pricing slips are NOT shipped with gifts.